If you’re seeing a “Stop Safely Now” warning message on your Ford Fusion Hybrid, it typically indicates a serious issue that requires immediate attention. This warning is a safety precaution designed to protect the vehicle and its occupants. Here are the steps to follow if you encounter this message:
1. Pull Over Safely:
- As soon as you see the “Stop Safely Now” message, safely pull your Ford Fusion Hybrid to the side of the road or to a safe location away from traffic. Do not attempt to continue driving, as it can be dangerous.
2. Turn Off the Engine:
- Once you’ve safely stopped the vehicle, turn off the engine. This will help prevent any further damage and reduce the risk of injury.
3. Check for Obvious Issues:
- While parked safely, visually inspect the vehicle for any obvious issues, such as visible damage, leaks, or loose components. If you notice any problems, exercise caution and do not attempt to repair the vehicle yourself unless you have the necessary skills and tools.
4. Attempt a Restart:
- After turning off the engine, wait for a few minutes, and then attempt to restart the vehicle. In some cases, a brief pause and restart may clear the warning message if it was triggered by a temporary issue.
5. Call for Assistance:
- If the warning message persists after restarting the vehicle or if you are unable to identify and resolve the issue yourself, it’s essential to contact roadside assistance or a towing service. Explain the situation and request a professional inspection and repair.
6. Do Not Ignore the Warning:
- Do not ignore the “Stop Safely Now” message, as continuing to drive the vehicle could lead to further damage or pose safety risks.
7. Consult the Owner’s Manual:
- While waiting for assistance, you can consult your Ford Fusion Hybrid’s owner’s manual for additional guidance and information about the warning message.
8. Maintain Documentation:
- Keep records of the issue, including the time and location where the warning message appeared, as well as any actions you took. This information may be useful if you need to file a warranty claim or discuss the problem with a Ford dealership.
9. Contact Ford Dealership:
- Once the vehicle is towed to a Ford dealership or repair facility, the technicians will perform a comprehensive diagnostic assessment to identify and address the underlying problem. Follow up with the dealership for updates on the repair process.
Remember that the “Stop Safely Now” warning message should not be ignored, as it is intended to protect both the vehicle and its occupants. Always prioritize safety and follow the recommended steps to address the issue promptly. It’s advisable to have your Ford Fusion Hybrid regularly serviced and maintained to reduce the likelihood of such warning messages appearing in the first place.